Via Right2Change Coordinators: 100 years ago William Martin Murphy’s Irish Independent was vilifying workers and calling on the signatories of the proclamation, and many others, to be shot. Today, Tuesday, days before the 2016 election, his heir Denis O’Brien printed 3 pages of shameless propaganda masquerading as a letter from ‘business leaders’. This diatribe was […]Read more "Politics of fear: Be our own media #Right2Change"
Right now we are well on the way to making massive changes in this country but the establishment and their apologists in the bought-and-paid-for media are doing their best to make people fear and question the logic of heading in a new direction. Let’s just look at the situation for a second; how did we […]Read more "#GE16 New Politics – Their threat is change; no fear, we need change!"
This is a piece I’ve written for the Right2Change publication currently making its way across the country. If we don’t have an open media we’ll have to spread the word ourselves!! Four decades after a report was written that would have gone a long way towards stopping the speculation and massive free-for-all in land and […]Read more "#GE16 40 years on and we’re still in the Wild West of gombeenism"
LIES: “We have increased rent supplement, regularly…We’ve put very significant – tens of millions extra into the rent supplement, that’s true, Claire…You can actually check the statistics, we increased it.” – Joan Burton, February 2016 FACT In reality, total spending on rent supplement dropped by €204 million, or 40.6% between 2011 and 2015, and has fallen […]Read more "We’ve a serious housing problem – Stop the Lies #GE16"
The man charged with overseeing the monster that is the HSE calls a spade a spade – the health service is a disaster!Read more "Healthcare: For OUR Wealth! #GE16"
In no way is this a complete list but all that could fit on a leaflet. Please check out the Right2Change Policy Principles which Kathleen Funchion (Sinn Fein), Adrienne Wallace (People Before Profit), and myself are backing as progressive principles for any future government.
- CORRUPTION – We can’t end corruption at a national level without first tackling it locally. Phil Hogan closed the inquiry into planning corruption on Carlow County Council. Why? NAMA, SiteServ, penalty points, etc. etc.
- WATER CHARGES & LPT – No privatisation of OUR water! Remember – It was Fianna Fail & the Greens who set-up water charges in 2010. Family homes should not be taxed.
- CARLOW – The industrial base of Carlow vanished while we had Fianna Fail TD’s in Carlow – Braun, Lapple, the Sugar Factory, Erin Foods…We need a forward-thinking national strategy on industry and jobs.
- KILKENNY – CAS bridge (massive waste and ignoring of public), Smithwicks brewery site being turned in a business park, environmental reports and archaeology reports just ignored and all while local politicians do or say nothing, A whole-wide range of “politics as usual”.
- HEALTH – Waiting times in Irish hospitals are now the worst in Europe. The HSE was dysfunctional in 2011 and is still dysfunctional in 2016. We need properly resourced mental health services in Carlow-Kilkenny and across the country.
- HOUSING – There is a serious housing crisis; we need an emergency Government house building programme.
- ONE PARENT FAMILIES – There are over 6,200 in Carlow-Kilkenny. 23% of children in one-parent families experience poverty – this Government cut their payments.
- CHILDCARE – Ireland has the highest childcare costs in the OECD amounting to 35% of a family’s income compared to 12% average in the EU
- ECONOMIC RECOVERY – The Government boasts about recovery. For whom?!
- SMALL BUSINESSES – Businesses are suffering due to lack of money in people’s pockets; poor pay and poor jobs equals poor demand in our local economy.
- JOBS – The government boasts about job creation but what type of jobs? Ireland now has the highest rate of low paid jobs in Europe.
- UNEMPLOYMENT– 23.3% unemployment in Carlow, 19.4% unemployment in Kilkenny – this compared to national average of 8.6%. Why?
- EMIGRATION – Welfare officials sent 13,000 letters to jobseekers last year encouraging them to take up work outside of Ireland. 200,000 young people left since 2010. One in six Irish born people now living abroad – the highest number in the developed world.
As an independent4Change I will…
Work alongside like-minded independents to highlight issues which affect us all
Actively pursue the positive “Policy Principles for a Progressive Irish Government” which can be viewed at right2change.ie
Expose corruption, waste, hypocrisy, & lies
Demand openness and transparency and will always be available to be held to account myself
Speak out against evictions & banking and state fraud
Encourage democracy & participation in politics using my resources to hold regular open meetings on issues in Carlow & Kilkenny
The issues of Carlow-Kilkenny & Ireland ARE my issues. People should always come first. I will work with all of the people of Carlow-Kilkenny to make real change a reality
Vote – Stand up for yourself!!!
For change in Carlow-Kilkenny & Ireland please vote for Right2Change candidates only & don’t transfer
Read more "#CWKK16 Some of the issues…the answer is community-led politics and democracy!"